Thursday, April 10, 2008

Swap and Hop......Part Deux



Lysa TerKeurst is once again hosting a Swap and Hop. She is teaming up with Karen Ehman, author of a new book "The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized". The theme of this swap and hop is "organizational challenges". Wow. Good one, Lysa. Too bad everything in my house is completely organized. Move along folks, nothing to see here. *smirk*

As I have shared before, I am quite the type A personality and would love for things to be just perfect in my home, but alas it just ain't gonna happen. Things are clean but most of the time cluttered. I keep telling myself it's fine and everyone else lives like this, right? Can I get an amen?

Our most challenging area that lacks organization right now would be our storage room. We have been in our house for about one year now and our storage room still looks like, well, a storage room crammed full of junk. We actually bought a few pieces of the Rubbermaid FastTrack garage system which I LOVE. However, because there is so much stuff in there we could not put up the whole system. What good is that you may wonder? None!

It is quite a large space and has great potential for being an organized haven. But we just can't seem to get it together enough to make it happen. The thought of sorting through it all is just so daunting. Where are the folks from TLC's Clean Sweep when you need motivation?? Road trip to Alabama anyone, to help a bloggy sister out...Karen? Lysa? Or the organizational book would be awesome too. Plus, there might be pictures....I love books with pictures!

Now for the shaming show and tell. Notice, if you will, the stack of empty storage containers just piled up together in the last photo. Yea, I can't believe I'm sharing this with the blogging world.




6 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Go to Scott's blog and find his garage pics and you'll know we're no help to you here. (Although he did work in there last week and it is vastly improved. Still a long way to go!)

Dena said...

Thanks for the commenton my blog!! With a little house, I force myself to be a little organized. I envy your spacey mess :)! Although I see it isn't perfect - it really doesn't look that bad! It has some structure! Good luck! And with this topic, I'm in agreement with the books with pictures thing.

Cheri said...

thanks for stopping by and saying hello. We're slowly working through the mess. Hopefully this will soon be over!

GHope you get lots of good advice on your own organizational challenge!

Jamie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you get some good ideas for organizing that you can put into action.
Jamie

Dawn Ward said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to post a comment. As you saw, I have organizational issues all over my entire home!

Hopefully, we will all get some great tips from Karen and and be able to work our way out of our various challenges.

I am always glad to make new bloggy friends, and I am bookmarking your blog so I can find you again.

Blessings,
Dawn

Scott said...

I resent cindy's (stillhisgirl's) remark about our garage.
I shall now cross my arms, huff, stomp off and mope.