Friday, September 28, 2007

Getting Started

I've decided to step out on the wild side and give the world of blogging a try. I can attribute my blogging inspiration to Teresa Wood, one of my best friends from Judson College! Teresa has her own blog that I have bookmarked, and find myself checking for updates daily. I think, for me, it has been a fun way to keep up with a dear "old" friend and keep up with what's going on in her life since time and distance has separated us.

I wanted to come up with some snappy title for my blog, like Teresa....whose last name is Wood, and her blog is titled "Livin the Wood Life".....but, alas, I stayed awake for HOURS trying to come up with something but came up with nothing. Sooooo, since I live in the South and I am Greek--for those of you who don't know my maiden name is Panayiotou-- I came up with Greek GRITS. Again, for those of you who don't know what a GRITS is:

G: girl
R: raised
I: in
T: the
S: South

And there you have it......Greek GRITS.....ta da' instant blog name.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Love the name, love the blog, love the shout-out and love, love, love that I'm the first comment!!!

I've been a very bad blogger lately. You have inspired me to get back on it.

Keep blogging. I'll be here.

Karen said...

Hey Tammy,

Ok, I know nothing of blogging but I want to hear about your trip. Please tell Constantine congratulations! Although I still picture him as he was when we were in high school!

Suzanne said...

I love Greek Grits. How perfect for the Greek Southern Girl. I couldn't get to greekgrits on bellsouth so had to go to yahoo but finally found you. I am looking forward to checking on your trip thru your blog. (I've never blogged before) Hey maybe I'll start huh? Have a safe trip and tell Constantine congrats from your Southern Redneck Friend.

Love you girl

Suzanne