Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Rewind

*knock* *knock* *knock* Anybody still here??

We are on the final 3 week countdown until school starts......well, the hubby and I might be the only one counting down.

Our summer has been quite busy around here, it's been filled with GOOD, BAD, and UGLY! (warning: LOTS of photos)


GOOD:


The kids have spent most of the summer in the pool on a summer swim team. They swam 4 days a week and competed in a few meets. Both won several ribbons in their events and Lego-Man made the summer All Star swim team! I am a proud swim mom!!






We also took some time out for visiting family. It's always a good time when the littlest cousins get together for a week. It is non-stop F-U-N.






The local Princess turned the big 9. It's her last year of single digits.....*gasp*



BAD

The biggest bad news of the summer involved this sweet face:




And these cute boys:

As some of you may remember, last year's birthday present was tickets to see the Jonas Brothers. Earlier in the summer we found out her favorite boy band was going to be touring again this fall. The Princess begged for two more tickets for he birthday. I bought them and made plans for a fabulous weekend in Nashville with one of my favorite peeps and her daughter.

On the Princess' very birthday, I received an email that informed me of the JoBros canceling 20 venues, including Nashville (so they could add tour dates in South America????). Insert Sad Trombone Needless to say, I was waiting on a call from Team Jonas to inform my sweet girl of their poor decision making skills. We are still waiting on that phone call.

After receiving the bad news, the Princess settled on a birthday bike....complete with a pouch for her Mp3 player to blare on a speaker. Because the 9 year old needs ONE more distraction while riding her bike.



On another bad note, Lego-Man's summer hairdo strongly resembles Justin Bieber's. Oh baby, puhhleeze.


(FYI, the hairdo situation has since been rectified by the nice lady at Sports Clips.)





UGLY

My little sister and I had an encounter with aliens the Mac Photo Booth:

(Who knew my sister was Janice the Muppet)




We've had a really great summer here at the GRITS house. How about you??

5 comments:

Mike Golch said...

up until Monday of last week we here at Golch Central were doing Ok.that all hell broke out.needless to say I spent some time in the ICU and the CCU.

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like you've had such a great summer!! :)

Are the kids ready to head back to school?

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Three weeks for us too!

Did I sound to excited..maybe it's routine I crave..or the smell of a clean house in longer periods..hmmmmm.


Anyways~ great pix love and woohoo to swim ribbons NICE!
I noticed also your girl is growing quite fast! Such a cutie!

Teresa said...

Here are my thoughts:

Hat's off to you swim team mom! I have friends who do that all summer and it's a big commitment which would greatly infringe on my couch sitting time. Therefore, I am not one.

Poor Madison and all those boy cousins. I think you and Jim should consider giving her a little sister. : )

Beware of age 9. It brings with it many changes for which you will likely not be ready.

I'm diggin Lego Man's Beiber Fever Hairdo. Did he perfect the side swish while he had it?

And finally, Stupid Jonas Brothers. I'm still mad.

Unknown said...

Boo to the Jonas Brothers.