Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Montezuma's Revenge

Or as it might be called in Japan....Hirohito's Revenge. And if you don't know what I am indirectly talking about just search it on Google.

Well, I wanted my last blog about my trip to Japan to be witty and fun, but right now I am recovering from an intestinal bug straight from the depths of Hades! So, right now all the fun had on my trip has been overshadowed by the last 48+ hours! After a trip to the doctor this morning, the "bug" was officially identified and the correct antibiotics have been obtained. I pray I'm on the road to recovery.

Anyway, our last night in Japan we finally had the meal that I went to Japan for, a big bowl of noodles! My brother and sister-in-law took us to this little "hole in the wall" noodle place where we each enjoyed a bowl of noodles as big as our heads! They were delicious and the fun part was eating them with chopsticks and slurping them--which is customary in Japan. So, when in Japan.....sluuurrrrpppp.

The highlight of our flight home began in the Tokyo Airport. While checking in the computer screen asked us if we wanted to catch a earlier flight in Houston to get to Birmingham. Well, duh, we've been away from home for the last 10 days.....anyway, we hit yes. After confirming that we would pay an extra $50 for our tickets to be changed we suddenly heard the Hallelujah Chorus and spotlights lit our face. By the grace of God we had been upgraded to FIRST CLASS for fifty bucks on a full flight!!! Praise the Lord.

We got to spend the 2 hours waiting for our flight to leave in the airline "Lounge" with free food and iMac computers everywhere--- how funny. I just kept laughing asking Jim, "are you sure this is not a mistake." It was real, the food was great, the flight was only 10 hours ( I LOVE the tailwind) and we got back in Houston before we left Tokyo!



I'd just like to say I did enjoy my trip to Japan and hope you enjoyed reading about it. But I am so thankful that I am back here in the good ol' USA. The Japanese are the nicest and most polite people you will ever meet, and I will definitely miss that. But home is home and there is NO other place that I would rather be---sitting right here in my chair, typing on my blog, while watching TV in English!

No comments: