Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds....



In case you were not aware, I am running for Mother of the Year. And today should help cinch me in the top 5. Madison and I, along with two other moms and three other girls, went to Birmingham to see Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert in 3D.

Having watched just about every episode of Hannah Montana, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this movie. So, as I do with most movies, I went to Plugged In Online to check out the review. It sounded like it was going to be fun for everyone.

Madison and her best friend, Mary Beth, were decked out in their matching Hannah Montana shirts. The excitement level hit the roof when we arrived in the theater parking lot....and then elevated one more level when we got those cool glasses!! Once we spent a small fortune on popcorn, sour watermelon gummies, and a strawberry slurpee, we were ready to enter the Hannah/Miley Zone! We had primetime seating on the 4th row and the girls sat in the middle so they could see. I'm not a six year old girl, but from the almost 40 perspective, the concert and the 3D effects were really great! And who wouldn't enjoy those cute little Jonas Brothers??

I have to say my favorite part of the movie was a little "blip" that showed grown men sprinting in heels as part of a radio contest to win 4 tickets to the Hannah/Miley concert. I am certain that Jim Isbell would never participate in that type of competition, nor would we pay hundreds of dollars to see Miley live. However, I must say the $15/ticket investment for the 3D movie is certainly worth it (thank you again Amy). It gets two thumbs up here--- one from Madison and one from me!

Now my quest for mother of the year will continue in April as I surprise Madison, once again, with tickets to High School Musical on Ice......stay tuned!!!



1 comment:

Heather said...

You'll get my vote for sure! Madison's growing up so fast. Love the pic w/ the sunglasses :-)