For lack of time and good blog material, I am going to share another favorite holiday recipe with y’all. My family makes this at just about every one of our gatherings.
Forgive me if you’ve already added this to your favorites list, but perhaps there are some who have sadly missed out on this slice of heaven.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
You will need:
2 2/3 cups small pretzels
3/4 cup margarine (or butt-ah) melted
1 cup + 3T sugar
8 oz Cool Whip
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups boiling water
2 small boxes Strawberry Jell-O
16 oz frozen strawberries, thawed
1. Crush pretzels and mix with melted margarine and 3 Tablespoons of sugar. Press into bottom of 9x13 inch dish. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes then let COOL.
2. Cream the softened cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar. Then stir in 8 oz Cool Whip.
3. Spread cream cheese/cool whip mixture on COOLED pretzel crust! I try to make sure all the edges are well covered to prevent the top layer from leaking through resulting in a soggy crust.
4. Mix Jell-O with boiling water. Add thawed strawberries. And let this mixture cool and begin to congeal.
5. Once the strawberry Jell-O mixture begins to “set”, pour over the top of the cream cheese layer.
6. Let it chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.