Last night we rolled her hair so today she would have “big curls” in her hair.
Yesterday I found her like this:
Guess what she was doing? She was looking for the Camellia SEED that she had planted a few days ago.
She wanted to see if it was growing. All righty. (btw, we did not find the seed)
For Valentine’s Day, her teacher helped her 2nd grade class make a “Special” Valentine’s Book.
After the statement, “I find comfort and joy in mom and dad because….” she wrote: “you are sweet and love me and kiss me goodnight, and tuck me in bed. At morning you wake me to go to school and feed me at breakfast, too”.
There were also letters written from each student to each of their classmates.
At the top of each letter was this,
“If a man is to have friends he must show himself to be friendly”… I can share my friendship with you because you are….
I thought you would enjoy some of the sentences written to my Princess from her classmates! (The teacher must have told them to write “I have noticed” because it is a recurring theme.)
- You are smarter than me. You have fun ieds (ideas) then me
- I have noticed you are very good at PE, Math and Fonecs
- You are the most funniest person in America
- I have noticed that you like to do gynmatics and you like to eat fries alot.
- I have noticed that you are cute and funny and you follow the dress code and a ton of other things.
- I have noticed that you are a very good friend to all your classmats
- I have noticed you are relly relly pretty at school
- I will remember you because your fun!
- I love to play with you on the monkey bars.
- I like you cause you can write better than me and you run faster than me (from a boy)
- I like how you say good stuff in stead of bad stuff.
- I have noticed that you like laughing and going outside and playing games
- I like your art it is really good and if you sell some I will be glad to by it when I am older cause I can not drive and you are too young to sell art
- I like you best of all even when you get in trouble
- You always aked (act?) funny
- I now you forget what Mrs. H told us but I never did make fun of you (from the boy who signed it “your old boyfriend”)
- I have noticed that you like to toot. Do you want to join my toot club. ha ha ha. just kidding (written by Bad Leroy Brown of the class)
The bottom of each letter had written, “Thank you for being my friend. Love,”
I’m glad to see even 7-8 year old kids like my daughter for the same reasons I love her….she’s pretty, smart, funny, fun, and a good friend.
I’m not sure if she had help with the last page or not, but it said this:
American Girl Doll: $80.00
Barbie Scooter: $60.00
Shot Gun: $6000.00 (HUH?)
A Lifetime with My Family: PRICELESS
Oh how I love MY GIRL!