Monday, July 14, 2008

Free Fun

We love to have a good time at the GRITS household, but we especially enjoy it when it’s free. There’s just something about free, these days, that adds some fun.

Last week, we took a little “field trip” to a local park that has a fabulous water fountain built specifically for free water fun. I’m sure it was built to make the park aesthetically pleasing, but that’s not why we go.

When we arrived, I laid the law down…. 30 minutes of play and not a minute more! It was almost noon and I think our pediatrician would probably frown upon children playing in a fountain without sunscreen in the blazing hot sun. I knew I was forgetting something.

For the whole thirty minutes, I don’t think they ever stood still.

P7090006

P7090008

P7090013

Here’s why I’m glad I had the camera with me. Our thirty minutes were just about up when I look up to see the Princess sitting like this:

P7090015

And what do you think she is telling her neighbor? Yes,you guessed it. Out of her sweet little Princess mouth she tells the little boy next to her, “LOOK, I am peeing.”

I’m not sure I’ve ever been prouder. Or not.

Then I look over at Lego-Man, who is sitting a few kids away. Guess what?!

He was peeing too.

P7090014

Yep, our thirty minutes was definitely up.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Not the peeing part of course, it doesn't appeal to me, but if I were to show my oldest daughter she would be all about it and would love to try! : )

I wished there were some place like that to go to here. FL is great, but there is nothing for free except the beach but I hate the sand! And the beach gets so old after you live for so long.

Valarie Lea said...

We have one of those things around here. I have not gotten to take Little Logan yet this year. Boy this summer is flying by. :(

Big Hair Envy said...

I LOVE the expression on your daughter's face when she is "peeing"!! Give them a water hose in the back yard and they'll do the same thing!!!

j said...

Hysterical! Thank you for being the kind of mom that post pics on the internet that the kids will be mortified by one day!!

Hey! Me too! We can form a club or something.

Tammy, you really have gorgeous kids, very healthy and happy looking. Blesses my heart.

Jen

Heather said...

Hehe, I'm cracking up at the pics! Hope y'all are having fun and that the sun comes out much more than the rain. We're praying for Jim and others as well. Hopefully we'll see ya Friday (I'm first out of work, but you know how that goes...) I'm sure Jackson wants to play with the Princess and LegoMan!

DD said...

We have a new place around where we live too. SO fun!

April said...

Gotta love the splash parks. Free fun is great !!