Monday, July 28, 2008

*Gasp*

Technically this post should be saved for my usual fun Thursday post, but due to lack of creativity today I am posting it now. Besides, I have PLENTY of photos for Thursdays.

For those of you hip, like me, who have a facebook account, imagine my surprise when I logged into today to find that a couple of my dear college friends had uploaded photos from our college days. This is clearly why “older” people should not have scanners, much less know how to use them.

To set the stage for what you are about to see:

  • I attended college from 1986-1990 – so remember it was STILL the 80’s, and the decade rules
  • I attended Judson College, a Baptist women’s college here in Alabama
  • During my sophomore year, the college celebrated its 150th year—otherwise known as the Sesquicentennial—or as we all referred to it as the ses-QUIIII-centennial
  • I studied a fair amount, despite high popularity and a paparazzi following because I was a geek, a chemistry and biology geek

This photo is of me and my friend Jules. We are wearing our required Sesquicentennial dress. My sticker reads that I am a “hostess”, I don’t think it said with the mostess. *shrug* Perhaps you find it odd that we are taking our photo with our anatomy lab guide. I do too. Can’t remember why?

skull

This photo is of me and my science peeps. We must have been studying for some huge exam. It’s probably the only photo of my thighs that I am willing to share with you on the Internet. Wow, what 20 years, 2 kids and the “death” of a thyroid can do to a woman. *sigh*

jewett

Now, for the piece de resistance. The middle gal is the infamous Teresa of Livin’ the Wood Life, also known as Miss Juson 1989. This photo is just too much: too much 80’s and certainly too much print fabric! On the bright side we all looked happy despite our obvious fashion errors.

wallpaper

These were just three of the retro photos that had me gasping for air earlier tonight and there were several more! War has been declared and I’m sure there will be a Guinness record of photo finding and scanning going on this week.

Have no fear, I am poised and scanner ready ladies. Be afraid, be very afraid!

5 comments:

KWolfAK said...

I love how you have no fear of the old pictures!

Teresa said...

First let me say, when I saw the title of your post I immediately said out loud "Oh no. She's posted the wallpaper picture". And, of course, you did. I hate you.

Also, I don't even own a scanner but you can bet that one day this week I'll take myself and my college photo album down to Walgreens and have a little scanner time.

The gauntlet has been thrown. Let the games begin.

Unknown said...

Love Facebook, but hate old pictures of myself with 80s hair and blue eyeshadow.

Janet said...

So, did y'all have Thomas Wilson for biology, or was he there yet?

Suellen said...

Yes had Dr. Wilson and he is still there! Just remember old friend I did not lose one picture to Katrina, so I guess time will tell how far this will go.