Sorry, I do realize the title of my post is a bit questionable but most appropriate to the topic at hand. I guess I’ll be getting a few extra hits on my blog site courtesy of Google searches.
Today I am going to highlight Lego-Man’s favorite activity from our trip to the beach. And tomorrow we’ll highlight the Princess’ favorite activity…..hint, it involves a boat and looking for dolphins.
Apparently when I was young and went to the beach, the daily festivities were pretty much over when the sun went down. However, there is more to the beach after the sun goes down than my folks wanted me to know about. And it does not require a chaperone, just a flashlight and a bucket. My sister and nephews got to visit for a couple of days and participated in the fun.
Looking for the little crab critters
Got a small one
Our “deadliest catch”
The Crab Boss
If you’ve never participated in this after dark fun, the rules are simple:
- Use flashlight to locate the crab critters
- Chase the critters down
- Put critter in sand bucket, because you can
- WATCH OUT FOR PRE-DUG HOLES IN SAND (maybe that should be #1)
- Look in everyone else’s bucket along the way
- Ceremonial release of critters before leaving the beach. Usually a simultaneous “BE FREE” is shouted.
- Beg to go back again tomorrow night.