Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let’s Roll

image

Seven years ago today, I was sitting at work in the Trauma/Surgical ICU. I was assigned to beds 3 and 4. A good friend of mine was right next to me at beds 1 and 2. My patient in room 3 had their TV on the Today Show that morning. I remember it so well.

I wasn’t really paying attention to it as I went about my morning routine. I can’t exactly recall how I heard the initial report of the attack. However, I do remember while watching the news of the first plane, I witnessed the second plane slamming into the other building.

I remember the feeling of shock and the thoughts of disbelief. Why? How? What? Is this real? Who would do this?

I watched both buildings fall. I remember the photos, videos and interviews. I cried and I prayed. It is still so vivid.

And today, it all replayed in my mind. I prayed for the grieving families and for our country as well. I heard this song on the way home from work and wanted to share it with you.

Please take a moment to say a prayer for all the families who lost loved ones. Give thanks for those who have and currently serve our country in the armed forces. For without them, we would be nothing.

Let us never forget! I know I won’t. God bless the USA.

4 comments:

The Source said...

Beautiful video and song. I think we'll always remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard the news. I hope that we'll never forget.

DD said...

My memories are really fresh on this as well. I had just been in NY visiting my best friend the weekend before and had driven by the towers about 5-6 times that trip. It was really weird to watch them fall.

Valarie Lea said...

It's so hard to believe its been seven years

j said...

I missed this on the 11th. I always cry on that day now. Always.