Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tagged by a Queen

image

Who can say no to a meme when it was the Queen B herself that tagged you. She’s right up there with BooMama in my book, so I shall consider it an honor to have been tagged by Her Majesty and play along.

For this meme the rules are simple:

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them

Just for a little background, for the newer folks. I began blogging after a little encouragement from my BFF from college, Teresa. My blogging career began last September 28th, prior to a trip to Japan for my brother’s wedding. Almost one year later, here we are.

1. The most obvious way blogging has affected me is it allows me to have an outlet from every day life. Not only in my own writings but through the writings of others.

I have never been an English or grammar scholar and if you ask any of my past teachers, writing was NOT my forte. There’s no grade here, no chance that I’m going to get my creative writing paper back with a bunch of red all over it. So, I write about what I want and insert punctuation where I want and I love to use ….. when I want.

2. I have developed “friendships” with people I don’t even know. But over time have grown to think of these people as true friends. I have found myself saying, “my friend said” and be completely referring to a post written by a blog buddy.

And on a more serious note, I have been a prayer warrior for people that I have never met, but totally know God allowed me to cross their path for a reason. The stories and lives of others has deepened my faith.

3. I’m not saying that I’m the funniest person in the world, because I know that would not be true. And the truth is I aspire to be funny, and I have aspired for a long time to be funny. I like trying to be witty and interject sarcasm at every opportunity. It’s me, it's totally who I have been and forever will be.

And through this blog I have that opportunity. I have people that read my blog and care to share with me how my post made them laugh so hard it made them cry. That makes me feel good and validates the reason I entered the blog world.

I’ve had more than one person tell me I need to write a book. I think that’s stretching it quite just a bit. And no, mom, I am not the next Erma Bombeck. Thanks for the compliment though.

4. I was never one to keep a diary. And the thought of writing in a journal exhausts me. I mean, who can keep up with all that, umm, writing?! Wait a minute, isn’t that what I do here. Why yes it is. *poof* Instant online journal/scrapbook.

My kids have "Greek GRITS” as an icon on their computer and they are constantly looking to see what I have posted here about them. And my son, often says “we need to put that on Greek GRITS”. I may just have a future blogger on my hands.

5. The most negative thing related to blogging would be time spent on the computer. Once the kids go to bed, I spend a good bit of time writing my own posts and reading through my favorite sites. I love to leave comments on other folks sites, which does take time. But my motto is: in order to make new friends, you have to be a friend.

WOW, I made it. I actually came up with 5 things. I was totally prepared to go my own way and list 3 things because I am not that creative.

So, now I am going to tag a few special folks who have made my day many times by leaving me comments. In the blogging world, comments are like an A+ at the top of my paper. This is my own special way to say thanks to these folks, but please come back! :-)

1. Shannon at Muzbee Crazy

2. Kirby3131 at the Goat

3. Leslie at Light Came

4. Nik at Exceptional Voyage

5. And whomever else wants to participate, just leave me a comment to your link.

Thanks, Queen B for the fun and making me not have to think too hard for today’s post.

7 comments:

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

Thanks for the tag! I have to get my thoughts together on this one.

Valarie Lea said...

I think its crazy the way we now capture our life. I take my camera everywhere, because I might want to blog about something and then I would need pictures. :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oooooh, thanks! How fun. I'll have to get out my virtual pen and start thinking on this one.

Valarie - I'm with you - my camera is now by my side all the time, just in case.

Have a great day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Oooh, thanks for the tag! I guess I do have something to blog about tomorrow. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love that! Fun,fun ,fun!
and I am with you on the camera

Unknown said...

Ooh ... she tagged me too. I feel very privileged and part of the in-crowd right now.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I will be doing the same for you ... I love havin' me some Southern girls there.

j said...

#4 and your kids response to your blog is VERY familiar. Very. It has turned into a family phrase... "that should go on your blog!"