Friday, January 23, 2009

God is SO good

 

First I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who stopped by here and left such kind words of encouragement, for lifting me and my family up in your prayers.  It meant so much to me. 

 

I wanted to let you know that Yaya came through her surgery without any major complications.  She is currently in the ICU and will remain there throughout the weekend so she can be watched carefully.

 

Your prayers were truly felt as I sat in that waiting room.  It’s quite different being on the other side of a patient having heart surgery.  I am used the one being in the operating room, NOT in the waiting room.

 

At one point, we were taken to the conference room to meet with the surgeon when a surgeon’s assistant came to inform us that they had to reopen Yaya’s chest because her blood pressure had dropped.  And we were sent back to the waiting room for what seemed like eternity.

 

Let me tell you, I was StRessEd!  Her explanation made NO sense to me.  This was the point that a little bit of knowledge was a dangerous thing. 

 

And about this time the Greek priest showed up.  I panicked on the inside.  Did God send him here or did he coincidentally show up during this seemingly critical time.

 

We all sat and waited, but not without the wringing of hands and serious fidgetiness.  I know a lot of silent prayers went up from my chair!  A lot.

 

But a little over and hour later, the handsome Greek surgeon with the nice accent came to tell the family the surgery went great, and the unstable incident was short and not serious!  He also spoke to me in MY (nurse) language and I felt good about it all.

 

We saw her in the ICU briefly and, of course, I had to eyeball all the monitors and ask a few pertinent (to me) questions.  I was satisfied with all her numbers and the answers I received from the ICU nurse. 

 

I definitely felt at peace as I left the ICU.

 

I would greatly appreciate your continued prayers as Yaya now enters the recovery phase.  She has always been a very independent and strong woman!  Please pray for good pain control, good healing of her surgical wound, and the return of physical strength.  


Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Yaya,is in my prayers.Leve it in God's hands he will take care of her as well as his helpers here on earth.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

it must have been harder on you "knowing everything" you do..so glad for your answer to prayers..best well wishes sent her way!

Deanna said...

Having a nurse in the family is such a blessing and a curse! Ha! They know all the right questions and they won't let you get away with a thing.

PTL for Yaya doing so well. I will continue to pray that she recovers just as well.

littletoesandcheerios said...

So happy to hear she's doing well. I'll keep praying for her.

The Source said...

So happy that Yaya is doing well! Prayers for her continued improvement and as painless as recovery as possible!

Carolina Mama said...

Praise the Lord about YaYa. I have prayed for her. I just didn't get to comment it which I wanted to b/c I wanted you to know I was thinking of you all.

Well, double yeaaaaa for YaYa she is doing better!

j said...

DEFINITELY PRAYING!! I am so thankful the surgery went well. And I am putting you in my google reader. I dont want to get behind anymore.

Anonymous said...

SO happy Yaya is recovering!
And ur right ...nice looking, great accent...and he's a VERY nice person. (the surgeon)