Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Is

 

 

image

All I have to say is YIPEE!  And YA-HOO!   WoOt!

 

I must confess I am a late convert to the AI-mania.  I did not watch the first few seasons of the show, but got reeled in once the Alabama gang began to represent!  You know Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks. 

As all you fans know, the first couple of weeks provide us with non-stop entertainment as we watch the auditions.  Many will say, including myself, this is the best part of the show. 

Tonight was NO different than any other year.  I found myself laughing hysterically, gasping and asking my husband, “do these people actually think they can sing???”

I also had the pleasure of listening to my son interject his comments at some of the more ghastly auditions.  Some dude came out and began singing like a chick and Lego-Man slapped his forehead and said, “OH NO!”  I think I snorted.

Of course there were a couple of awkward moments as we watched as a family.  The Princess actually asked, at the right moment, “Uhhh, is that a boy because HE looks like a girl”.    We had to explain to her that some people are not right different and don’t bring folks like these home to meet the parents!

MOST AWKWARD MOMENT OF THE NIGHT:  Someone’s daughter actually auditioned in a teensy-weensy bikini.  And in true Hollywood style, she got a lot of air time in her slingshot and tiny-triangles ensemble. 

Thanks to you, Hoochie-Mama of all Hoochie-Mamas, I had to explain to my 7 year old daughter why your choice of dress, or lack thereof, is not appropriate when trying to get something you want.

And you want to see some kids sent to bed quickly.  Just have an African-American man come out with undue attention brought to his “Sexual Chocolate” tattoo. 

And why is the remote NEVER handy when this happens.

All in all tonight’s auditions where highly entertaining with a few good singers headed to Hollywood.  I look forward to the rest of the season!

What about you??

6 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

OH YES I watched it...... and agree with your review completely!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

A long time fan of the show. I was a little upset tonight with the bikini chic and all the sexual stuff. It should be a family show. All we need in this world is another skinny girl in a bikini to be called an Idol! And the sad thing was she could sing and didn't need to do that!
I liked the 16 yr old girl who sang in Nursing homes..she my pic so far.

Thanks for you comment about Pebbles in her bed. Guess who's in the bed with me tonight. LOL Like I said...I will not force her to sleep in it...YET!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I too feel like Littletoesandcheerios. I thought that was obsurd! And like you GG- had some 'splaing" to do with my children who watched on too. Ridiculous. I can tell you, if it takes a turn in that direction. I think they will loose more than just my viewership. That is the stuff Jerry Springer is made of.

Kristin - The Goat said...

There are no kids in my house and I still cringe - although I didn't have any trouble with the bikini girl, but I didn't think she should have gone through to the next round, and that was only because she wore a bikini lol Double speak, I know lol

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Did you see the one where the guy sang "Over the Rainbow" and was "OVER THE TOP" with the big notes?? I was hiding behind my pillow, but my daughter said, "Mom, they like him," and sure enough, he made it through. I thought it was a joke.

j said...

Bah! The internet hype about bikini girl makes me glad I don't watch the show.

How old and bitter does THAT comment make me sound?