Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm coming out

I want the world to know......no, no, no, don't get the wrong idea, really!

American Idol Season 7

I must confess I am a fan of American Idol. I got hooked on the show a few years ago, so I haven't watched it from its beginning of time. I do tape it on the DVR just in case I miss an episode. It's taken me halfway through this season to post about the show, but tonight I feel compelled. I usually depend on my good friend Teresa to keep the blog world updated on AI, but not this week. On tonight's show each contestant chose a song from the year they were born.....yea, about that.....I am officially old! I would recap the songs sang but my DVR is having a seizure?!

First, I think that David Archuleta will win the whole thing. He's young, he's cute and he can sing well. It's not necessarily the one I am pulling for.

David Cook got my vote tonight. He sang a different arrangement of "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.
David Cook

I think Kristy Lee Cook is a goner and she pulled out the patriotic song card tonight. I don't think it helped.

Chikezie's name is super cool!

Jason Castro, aka dread-lock dude, can sing but I just can't get past how bad that hair must smell. And I swear I saw bugs flying around it in an interview a couple weeks ago. Ick!

My favorite girl is Brooke White, but I think she lacks qualities necessary to win. And in my humble opinion, the girls pretty much stink this year.

Carly the tattoo chick is pretty good, but there is something about having tattoo's up and down one arm that creeps me out!

As for the rest, whom I have left out......blah, blah, blah.

Ok, and my last comments are saved for our dear judges. Randy, dog, whassup skinny man! Simon, love him, but can't he wear a shirt with a little color.

And then there's Paula....sweet little psychotic Paula. I am a totally girl of the 80's. I KNOW the words to "Straight Up" and just about every other song on the Forever Your Girl album (thank you, Teresa). I am not ashamed. However, girlfriend is in some serious need of an intervention....mentally and fashionably. What was up with the elbow length fingerless leather gloves with bracelets on over them??? Huh? Doesn't she have people that check her out before letting her go out like that?! 'Nuff said.

Prediction: Kristy Lee is finally leaving!

Comments, thoughts suggestions.......

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it too...have it on right now, lol!

Scott said...

My wife was kind enough to text message me in the middle of a meeting last night to give me hints about the results show.

It's a shame I'm enjoying it so much this year. I really can't complain about any of the contestants' singing. they're all pretty good, but I can make fun of their hair, right? Or their clothes?

And I'll be checking out Jason's hair for bugs next time.