Monday, March 31, 2008

GNO

Miley Cyrus sings about it

Cuz it's a girls night
It's alright without you
I'm gonna stay out
And play out
Without you
Let's go GNO
Let's go GNO
Let's go GNO
Let's go
and I participate in it, every month with girlfriends from church (hey friends, I told you I would put you in my blog). :-D

Each month we have a different hostess, with the mostess of course. A theme is chosen and we all bring a dish. I guess we could call it a meet-and-eat, but we just call it Girls Night Out. It gives us time away from the hustle and bustle of our daily duties as mothers, wives, and workers. It's a time where we leave everything behind and catch up with one another over good food. We've all been told that laughter is the best medicine, and I'm telling you we all leave GNO with our health meters full!!

This past week/weekend at work was a very busy one for me and this month's GNO came at just the right time. It's amazing what 3 hours with a fun group of friends can do for your soul. However, tonight we were missing one of the centerpieces of our GNO group....Regina, our friend who was in a terrible wreck on March 21st. She has been at home almost a week and her condition continues to improve. So, please continue to pray for the best GNO tea party hostess!! We missed you Regina, and can't wait for you to rejoin us!!

Next month's hostess is none other than yours truly...the theme...an Over the Hill party for myself as I celebrate the BIG 4-0! {sounds of party horns} {confetti falling}

No comments: