Saturday, March 22, 2008

Please pray for my friend.....

Yesterday seemed just like another regular day until the phone rang about 5:30pm, it was my husband who was out of town. He was calling to see if I had heard anything about one of our good friends (RH) being in a car accident. My heart just sank, so I began making a few phone calls. Finally, I did get confirmation that she was indeed in a very bad car wreck and that BOTH of her children WERE in the car with her! I gathered the kids together and we had a moment of prayer for our friends.

Let me just say that it is a complete miracle that no one was killed from this wreck. And to make matters worse, the driver of the other car is suspected of DUI! It took the firefighters almost an hour to extricate her from the car! The 3 year old suffered a broken arm and lacerations to his head, and his 10 month old little sister was almost scratch free! Praise the Lord. However, my friend suffered a severely broken elbow-- for which she went to surgery late last night. She also has a couple of broken ribs as well as a broken pelvis and foot fracture.

This is a precious Christian family and RH is going to have some rehab ahead of her due to her injuries. So, as you and your family say your prayers please remember my friend, her kids and her husband as they go through this difficult time.

Here's a news video with footage from the wreck scene:


No comments: