Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am....I said

Those four words can only mean one thing! You guessed it! Tonight is Neil Diamond's turn on American Idol. Now come on, who doesn't put their arm around their neighbor and sing at the top of their lungs on the chorus of "Sweet Caroline"?? Or is it just me?





It's hard to believe but we are now down to the Top 5. This week brings us to each performer singing two songs. And whose songs better to sing than the flashy Neil Diamond. Yes, I am truly excited, no sarcasm here folks. I mean, come on, 26 albums later he must be doing something right.....ummm, except for that hair and those shiny shirts. So let's get to it.

Jason Castro, aka Dread "Money Talks" and "September Morn"
Oh dear, out comes the ukulele again. *sigh* Yes young man, money does talk, it's telling you to wash that nasty hair. Must have been a September morn when he last washed those things!

David Cook "I'm Alive" and "All I Really Need is You"
He could sing "Material Girl" for all I care, the dude rocks. WINNER. Game Over.

Brooke White "I'm a Believer" and "I am..I said"
Ok, I BELIEVE she should stop....bring out these guys: No one else should ever sing that song. How about starting that song in a range she can actually sing next time?! Blah, blah, blah.....at least she got the words right this week.

Sweet Little David Archuletta "Sweet Caroline" and "America"
Great, the little boy is singing two of my favorites. Don't ruin them for me kid. I'm trying to control myself from a sudden Sweet Caroline outburst. Did anyone else think he was dressed like "Where's Waldo" or just me?

Syesha "Hello Again" and "Thank the Lord for the Night Time"
Farah Fawcett just called, she needs those wings back. Can somebody remind me why they sit on the floor barefooted and sing? YAWN! Maybe song #2 will be better. Ok, I am finding myself clapping with her. Sorta has a High School Musical feel to it, I like that.


Ok, and now a little personal message to our dear sister Paula (bless her heart). Stay outta the pills before you go on stage. After is fine, but NEVER before. Never. Hey, you never know who's reading. She obviously got my memo regarding the sausage casing dress.

Now for my always wrong predictions:

Top 2: The Davids
Bottom 2: Jason and Brooke
Leaving: Brooke

Check out some other Top 5 reviews over at BooMama's blog. Now, does anyone else care to join me at iTunes for a Neil Diamond download party?! WOOT!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

I love that you posted a Monkees pic on your post. I agree...no one else should do that song or "Daydream Believer".

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I'm totally buying some Neil on itunes this week! :)

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Neil Diamond makes me happy, but the idols...not so much. And I can't believe I missed Paula acting all loopy. I thought she was unusually sober last night. Weird.

I can't find my blog said...

Where's Waldo-- HA!

Teresa said...

I've always figured my commentary was a little too harsh for Boomama's blog link, but you inspired me to take my "no mercy" attitude to the masses.

And also, I think of you everytime I hear a Monkee's song. Wonder why that is? Hmmmmmmmmmm.