Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving thanks, family style

Greetings blogging friends and family!

I am back from taking a much needed week long break. I can’t say I am well rested, but just getting away from the regular ol’ grind and work was so nice.

There were five kids in the house; their ages: 9, 8, 7, 5 and almost 2. My Princess is the ONLY girl, and she prefers to serve cheese with her whine, unlike the boys.

As you can imagine, it was non-stop playing with occasional arguing. Over important things like what movie was going to be watched or who was going to be player 1 on the Wii. Sheesh, if that was my only worry in the world.

We began our week of giving thanks by joining my two oldest nephews at their school for lunch:

PB240009


We also enjoyed my middle nephew’s class Thanksgiving feast on Tuesday. I took this sweet little face to the “buffet” THREE times:

PB250034


My sister and brother-in-law are both on staff at the school and stopped by for a photo opportunity.

PB250040


The Princess was thankful to spend excessive amounts of time on the trampoline, as evidenced by the LARGE amounts of static electricity in her hair:

PB250045


Me being a lifetime scientist, had to verify the presence of such electrical currents (only after emptying my bladder, of course):

PB250053


Funny how a 40 year old on a trampoline brings out the masses to join in the fun:

PB250057


Thursday, we were joined by a surprise guest for our Thanksgiving feast. Mr. GRITS drove down to surprise the kids and spent Thursday and part of Friday with us before having to return for work on Saturday:

PB270097_edited-1

PB270096


Raise your hand if you remember years of sitting at the official “kids table”:

PB270099


The hubby and I had a little bonding time with our youngest nephew, Jackson. We had to convince him that we are as cool as his brothers think we are. Mission accomplished, I think:

PB270109

PB260074

*WARNING* Auburn fans, look away now.


As some of you may not know, it was college football rivalry week here in Alabama. Saturday we enjoyed, for the first time in the last 7 years, watching Alabama beat the Auburn Tigers 36-0.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

12 - 0, bay-bee!

We’re #1!!

Despite the fact we were slap dab in the middle of Florida State country, we all donned our ‘Bama garb. We even took the kids out for breakfast despite the fact the city was packed with people for the Florida/FSU game.

Here’s the next generation of Alabama football fans:

PB290129_edited-1


I even had my special ‘Bama ‘fro going on, thanks to the FL rain and humidity:

PB290132_edited-1

So, now we all have to get back to our regular routines and I’ll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging. I hope you all had as much fun at your Thanksgiving get together as we had at ours.

(btw, I created my sister a new blog header….go here to check it out and maybe we can encourage her to do a little more posting! I’d like us to be as famous as another family blogging duo—Queen B and Beachy Mimi)

10 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

ha your so funny!

Glad you had a great getaway!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh...I tried to look away. Really. War Eagle, nevertheless.

Anyway, I get you with the whole hating to return to our regularly scheduled programs. Blech!

Glad you had a nice holiday!

Nicolette said...

We had a great time! Thanks for coming! Back to the grind and counting down the days until Christmas!!

j said...

Bama Fro - you are so funny! This was a full post!

I am running around with seven fingers in the air... as in the number of losses that Auburn has had this season!

Oh, and my bladder does not get empty enough to jump on the trampoline :)

littletoesandcheerios said...

Aw yes, the "kids table"! So glad you had a nice break and lots of fun!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What fun! Love the static hair and ROLL TIDE BAY-BEE!!!

Anonymous said...

Now we are back to the real world of work- YUK!

Shauna said...

I'm new here, what a great blog :) ♥ Hugs!

Heather said...

Looks like y'all had a great trip and got some great pics :) I love the one of Jim holding the Princes!!! Wish I could've seen you on the trampoline, lol.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Glad your back and had such a nice time. :)