Monday, May 12, 2008

Designer's Challenge

The problem: Two flower dirt beds in my backyard. Enjoyed by no one, except the family dog, who finds the dirt very cooling on warm days. We've lived in the house a little over a year now and this is what we've been looking at, and I can't take it anymore!




The designer: My step-dad, also knowns as Papa.



The work crew: Yaya, me, Papa.



(Before criticism begins, the dear hubby is heading up a mission trip to Brazil this summer and he had "training" scheduled for this day. Co-incidence? I don't think so?!) *shrug*

Making Progress:







See, the hubby did show up, just in time to help with the 2nd bed. Of course, I never work without my special GRITS hat!



Results:




Winner of the day: The Greek GRITS family and everyone we share our backyard with.

Loser of the day: Sorry Bailey, looks like you'll have to find somewhere else to cool off.



Hardest worker of the day:

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

Oooh, Oooh, me next!!

Peggy said...

Tammy - I love the transformation. Are you hiring out your team? Jim could use it as a fundraiser for his mission trip. :-)