Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday: Sushi and Swimming

If that title is not an alliteration then I don't know what is! Happy Ms. Wilfong?? I did learn something in English class and actually used it correctly. I think.

Anyway, let's get to Saturday's activities. Nothing special on the calendar today, the hubby is working all day and we had a birthday party to attend tonight. So, we spent the better part of the morning in our jammies and playing the Wii. I think sometimes you just have to do that for sanity's sake. Today was our day.

This afternoon I received a phone call requesting the princess spend the night with her best friend. The child's social calendar rivals Miss America's. So, I packed her up and sent her on her way (thanks Amy). Which left me and my favorite son with a little one on one time. Ok, he's my only son, but he's still my favorite one.

After a trip to super Target, we decided on one of his favorite things for supper. Sushi. Yep, an almost 9 year old that loves some sushi. This is the child who wouldn't eat a hamburger or steak for any amount of money, not even for the Wii game of his choice. Tonight we tried three different sushi rolls: a cucumber roll and two different types of crab rolls. They all were delicious.







In the last photo he had just stuffed a HUGE piece of sushi in his mouth. I think somewhere in the sushi handbook it states the sushi pieces must be consumed in one bite. And that's just the way he eats it, and always with chopsticks. Always.

Next on the agenda was a birthday party for one of his classmates. The party was held at the University of Alabama's Outdoor Pool complex. It's a very nice place for a swimming party. There is a huge slide, a lazy river water and the water is heated, which is good since the party was from 7-9pm. And it's not really that warm in Alabama at night yet.









He swam his little heart out and I think the final count for going down the slide was 21 times!! Needless to say, about 5 minutes after his head hit the pillow he was sound asleep.

Today was a fun relaxed day and I got to spend a few precious hours with my baby boy, who will be 9 on Monday. Where has all the time gone?

5 comments:

Queen B said...

Don't you just love it when they swim themselves to sleep???

j said...

That looks like FUN!!

OK your son is more grown up in his tastes than I am... I just don't do Sushi.

And I absolutely agree, there are times that PJs and the Wii is the only way to go.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Jennifer

j said...

PJs and Wii ARE, not is, but ARE.

Product of public education.

Shauna said...

My kids did sushi and swimming today! How funny!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So sweet! :)
I love sushi. Well, I don't know if I've ever had REAL sushi. I love California rolls, and they are the biggest treat to me. They're crazy expensive, so I only get them when I'm feeling rich or sorry for myself. :)