Thursday, May 8, 2008

'Fro me to you






No, of course that is not me. I stumbled upon this blog fun from bloggy pal Jennifer. The idea originates at We are THAT Family and is repeated each Thursday. So if you are bored and looking for some Thursday fun, give it a whirl, or just go follow the links posted. Some of them are quite funny.

Before I get on with the fun, I want to make sure everyone knows what the main premise for this posting is:

The purpose of Sincerely 'Fro Me to You (every Thursday) is to link up a post about something from your past. You can reach back all the way to your childhood and bravely post pictures of your 'fro or post something from last year and tell us about it. I'm not picky. We just want to read about something that will never see the inside of a scrapbook either because it's not worthy or because you can't find your fancy crinkle cut scissors.


Sooooo..... "Fro me to you" I would like to share with you a little expose of my life. They shall forever be known as "The Plaid Years".

Evidence shows that this period of my life probably began sometime around kindergarten:

Exhibit A. I am sporting a lovely blue and white plaid jumper matched so eloquently with a quaint elastic short-sleeved shirt. Thank you Ms. Mayhall for combing my beautiful bangs so perfectly in the front. (the something on my chin must have been on the scanner glass)

Thankfully, due to school uniform requirements, I suppressed my feelings for plaid. That is, until 6th grade.

Exhibit B. The red plaid dress. I remember it so well. I'd bet you $20 that the shoe of choice was today's fashionable Sperry Top-Sider. Ahem, with white knee socks. Really. I mean, while I'm confessing let's just get it all out.

Middle school must have been when the love of plaid (plaidophilia) came over me in full force. Notice my 7th grade photo:

Exhibit C. Fine. I had an affinity for red plaid. In case you are wondering, I probably had this little red jewel tucked into a khaki or navy blue skirt with the same above mentioned shoes.

There must have been some sort of A&E Intervention that occurred in the summer before 8th grade. I have no memory of it, but it must have happened because there is no more plaid in my school photos after 7th grade.


Well, until 10th grade. I guess I fell off the wagon. A plaidophilia relapse even. The evidence is quite clear:

Exhibit D. That's a pretty snazzy way of sneaking some plaid in, don't you think? Hey, and it's not red!

So the saga continued all the way into 11th grade.

Exhibit E.The blue plaid button down combined with the ever so soft navy sweater vest. Accented by the gorgeous add-a-bead necklace.
Ahhhh, the preppy years. Where did they go??

Don't think for a second that I have turned plaid-o-phobic. No siree. And please don't sick TLC's Stacy and Clinton on me. Now that I am older and way wiser I have been able to control my LOVE for the plaid cloth....until I saw these:




HELP!!!! I may need another intervention

16 comments:

Kristen said...

It just goes to show you that plaid is a forever fad! You have just always been in style. That could go on a resume! I enjoyed your post! Thanks for playing along!

bunchofbull-ers! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bunchofbull-ers! said...

I have always loved plaid....especially those shorts! ;O) Thanks for sharing all those pics....I'm impressed that you have them to scan and post! I would have to do some serious digging to get my school years put together...hmmmm, maybe I should do that!?

World's Greatest Mommy said...

Loving this!

If you don't turn me in to Stacy and Clinton, then I won't turn you in.

j said...

Oh My GOSH!!! Lovin' all of your plaid!! Really, it was cool how you pulled all these photos together with PLAID. Maybe a Scottish ancestor somewhere?

Thanks for the Bloglove and I'm glad you found Kristen's site and had a good time with this!!

Be blessed Tammy.

Jennifer

Valarie Lea said...

Oh add-a-beads they were so lovely. I have a feeling you had one of those reversable purses with the wood handle. Ya know the one's were you undid the buttons on the side and then flipped it inside out and buttoned it on again. Don't know why, but I just feel it. :)

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

You know I think you may be right..however...the "real princess" is quite the bossy type
:0/

Great BLog!

I have enjoyed your post...Mrs. Plaid! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great post about your plaid! I enjoyed the pictures!

The Apron Queen said...

You're beautiful. Even in plaid!:D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

My favorite has to be the plaid neck tie!
I had a thing for plaid too. In high school when Nirvana made grungy flannel all the rage, I actually raided my dad's closets!
Thanks for dropping my blog today. :)

Cristine said...

I so loved this post!!!!

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Plaid Rules!

I could have so photoshopped my face into your photos and nobody would have been the wiser. Well, except for the blue eyes and the short hair, and the.........oh, I guess what I am trying to say is I also had a affinity for the plaid garment. I just purchased a skirt in the almost exact pattern as those shorts!

HunaBob said...

Plaid becomes you, dear. But I love you no matter what pattern you decide to wear.

Anonymous said...

Love your plaid. Lol! Wow, your daughter really looks like you!

The Maid said...

That is a hysterical coincidence!

I have a plaid loving friend who has a phrase:

"Nothin goes bad with plaid."

Pretty "sad" if you ask me.
LOL

Becky, the Maid

j said...

Hey Miss Tammy!

I am hosting a Baby Shower at my site for Jana. Come by if you get a chance.

Be blessed.

Jennifer