Thursday, October 2, 2008

Girls & boys just want to have fun

 

They say if you wait long enough it will come back in style, and today it did.  80’s style, that is, for “Decade Day” in our continuation of Spirit Week. 

We aren’t raising sock hoppers or hippies in this house.  No sir, we’ve got the 80’s down pat here.  Just see for yourself:

 

PA020011_edited-1 Insert any of your favorite 80’s tunes right here.

 

PA020016

Even punk rockers have to go to school.

 

 

PA020017Princess Lauper, sporting her side ponytail courtesy of dad.  What a quick learner he was. 

 

 

PA020009_edited-1

 

Take note of Lego-Man’s tattoo sleeves we found at the dollar store!  The Mohawk wig was a purchase from Target.  The Princess is showing you all her jelly bracelets and, more importantly, her blue fingernail polish and eye shadow.

The kids have certainly had fun dressing up this week, and I’m almost positive we will be seeing some of these outfits again……and again!

 

Now for a little more flashback….music style:

8 comments:

Twice Blessed said...

This is cracking me up! How funny the tats are on Lego Man's arms! Love love love the side pony! Way to go greek grits hubby~

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. They did a great job!! What a riot! They are so cute.

Muthering Heights said...

They look so cute! I love those tattoo sleeves - nice touch!

Unknown said...

You all are so creative with these costumes. Love it.

Valarie Lea said...

Logan has some of those sleeves. Love Legoman's Mohawk and Princess looks totally awesome!!!

We had decade day on Tuesday and Syd went as the 80's and she would not let me tease her hair up. She was not being fun!

Manager Mom said...

Oh - I have got to get me one of those wigs! My kid has been asking for a mohawk haircut and I'm running out of reasons why he can't have one. I need to stall him at LEAST until after school pictures.

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

I'm going to miss this spirit week! Good times, good times!

j said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love the 'hair' and your daughter NAILED the eighties look! They get my vote for all time best decades looks. Right down to the sparkly blue eyeshadow!