Friday, October 24, 2008

A grown up timeout

 

 

P5010028

 

By the time you read this, I will be headed to the beach with a few of my favorite peeps from college for a 4 day “girls” weekend. 

Don’t hate.

No kids, no husbands, no alarm clocks, no work and no worries.

It is a much needed trip for me.  Life has gotten the best of me lately and I don’t think I’ve been much fun to be around.  Sorry to the family.

I’ve let things in life really get to me….my job, duties at home, kids doing homework……etc.  I feel like someone dropped a hundred pound ball of stress right on top of my head.

This trip was planned months ago and the timing is perfect.  I hope to return home with a renewed and rested spirit. 

And perhaps a better sense of creativity for my bloggy peeps. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I’ll be back next week…..same GRITS time, same GRITS channel!

Peace out.

8 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time :)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I hope you have a restored spirit, tan and lots of pictures to brag about! :>)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh! How fun! Did Patty go? She's a doll. Anyway...have a great trip!

The Buntens said...

Oh, I would love to be in your suitcase! Miss the beach. :(

Beachy Mimi said...

We all need to regroup and recharge from time to time. I hope you have a wonderful trip and return refreshed.

Heather said...

Hope you had a great trip!!!

j said...

I hope that you have a great time. And I think that all moms feel like you do sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Be careful and have a blessed trip Tammy.

Valarie Lea said...

Hey I just booed you come and get it. :)