Wednesday, October 8, 2008

‘Fro Me to You—No Clowning

Upon showing my husband the photo for this week’s ‘Fro Me to You post, his immediate words were, “I guess it’s my turn to be rolled under the bus”. Sorry, dear, you knew this day would come.

Written on the back of this photo are the words “Jim, 21 months”. Which means the photo was taken sometime around February 1970. The hairdos, clothing and glasses clearly scream the 70’s.

Words are not really necessary, I think my hubby’s face says it all! This was probably his first and last interaction with a clown. To this day he is quite vocal about his STRONG dislike for clowns.

Image1-84

But then again, knowing him as well as I do, he might be upset by his lovely clothing ensemble, particularly those striped pants! Notice the other kid and mom directly behind him as they safely keep their distance from the super-scary clown.

image

For more photos that have yet to grace the pages of any scrapbook, click here to get to Kristen’s at We are THAT Family. Home of Thursday’s Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You blog carnival. Par-tay!

17 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

something about them clowns ...back then!

Many kids didn't like them!

Tell him his pants were so retro! very cool lil'man!

Carolina Mama said...

Too sweet. That is adorable.

Crayl said...

1. I had pants like that.
2. I also do not like clowns, and that one would have totally made me cry too!
3. Check out the young thing behind him in the mini dress! Sweet stylin'

Jennifer said...

Aww! That photo is priceless! What a cutie he was!

Kristen said...

What a great photo! And you're right, it says a thousand words!

heidi said...

Oh my goodness that clown DOES look scary! Your poor DH!!!

marky said...

aww.. what a cute picture..even if he is scared. I don't like clowns either.
I remember taking my 9mo son to see the Easter Bunny at a local mall, and while I was helping to hold him on the Bunny's lap..he actually asked me on a date! That did me in for easter bunnies too!

Valarie Lea said...

Ummm yep that is a super scary clown. Now I was not a super scary clown. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Tammy ~ I am with your husband and crayl. I do not like clowns. At. All.

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, he looks so sad!

Jerralea said...

Aww, he looks adorable! Scared, but adorable.

Anonymous said...

I was scared to death of clowns and Santa Clause as a child!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
Email me at dramapondmama@gmail.com with your address, so that I can mail you your lovely new pair of Zemkoofies earrings!

Unknown said...

That is perhaps the scariest clown I've ever seen. That's horror movie scary!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, that is the best thing I've seen on blogs all week! My son HATES clowns and he's now 19! You are so right about the mom and wary kid behind them. This picture could be sold to a card company, I'm sure. Vertical stripes are slimming? Thanks for the laugh.

Nik said...

ROFL! I LOVE it!! He was STYLILN back then!

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

In all seriousness, that clown is extremely scary. I hate to say it but John Wayne Gacy comes to mind! I'd be crying too!

j said...

OH MY GOSH! CLOWNS ARE SO NOT COOL!

Bless his little rolled under the bus heart!