Monday, October 6, 2008

It’s Fall Y’all

image

In honor of the slightly cooler temperature and the feeling of Fall in the air, here’s a yummy recipe perfect for a Fall get together:

Pumpkin Dip

1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened

1 (16oz) box powdered sugar, sifted

1 (15oz) solid pack pumpkin

1 T. ground cinnamon

1 T. pumpkin pie spice (or can substitute 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground nutmeg)

Beat cream cheese until creamy

Gradually add powdered sugar, and beat well

Stir in cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.

Chill.

Serve with Ginger Snaps, Nilla wafers or Graham crackers.

Serving idea: place dip in hollowed out small sugar pumpkin.


For more Fall recipes, including a delicious recipe for Corn Chowder, click here.

YUMMY!


9 comments:

Diane Meyer said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds delicious! I have never even heard of this idea. Is it as good as it sounds?
My husband just came in and I told him about this recipe and he suggested I make it for our potluck tonight.
True, we are supposed to bring a salad, but as Rod pointed out, a pumpkin IS a vegetable...
Yahoo!
Thanks or the recipe. :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

When i read this recipe, I did a little dance in my chair. Because now it's mine. :)

Teresa said...

Please tell me that picture is from your front yard. Please.

Heather said...

Yea! Fall!! Now if it would only get cool and stay that way. Jackson has had so much fun running around outside :) I'm sure that dip is tasty, but I'll pass on making it, but I bet our blonde friend would like it ;)

j said...

Love the picture. And the recipe sounds reqlly good.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Nice picture!! :)
I'm not a big pumpkin fan, but I bet I would get mega points with people if I made this!

Valarie Lea said...

Ooooo that sounds so good!!!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

LOL! That is so funny! You made my night and with a great recipe to boot! :>)

DD said...

crack me up on that punkin. Yard decorations... how weird. PS. I'm in T-town AS WE SPEAK.