Wednesday, October 15, 2008

70’s Halloween, ‘Fro Me to You

I had to dig deep in the box to come up with this week’s photos for Kristen’s Thursday fun. You know if I had to dig in a box to get these, they certainly were not scrapbook worthy. But maybe they will be one day.

image

I am not exactly certain of the year, but I can assure you it was in the EARLY 1970’s when these photos were taken. I wish I could tell you what my twin sister and I were dressed up as….it appears as there might have been an Asian theme going on *shrug*

Image3-29_edited-1

Image1-87_edited-1

There certainly was a 70’s theme going on with those curtains and faux brick vinyl flooring.

The next photo is not really about me stuffing my face with the Halloween loot, because clearly my mother rationed the candy immediately upon entering the house. I mean, really, there are only 3 pieces of candy on the floor beside my VERY small pumpkin! Plus our neighborhood was quite large.

Image2-72_edited-1

And the last photo is not about wondering exactly what my sister has in her mouth. It’s all about what is going on in our 1970’s Formal Living/Dining Room.

hween70

There’s a lot going on up there. And there’s A LOT more going on over at Kristen’s place. So, click here to head on over and check out more Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You photos. Have I mentioned how much fun this carnival is?!

20 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Question? What were ya'll holding in the first pictures? They look like traffic cones, but I know that does not go with the asian theme. :)

Kristen said...

Wow. Thanks for digging down deep this week. Totally worth it.

Tammy said...

Valarie: I am going to have to say that I *think* they were plastic witches on a stick.....really.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pics! My grandmother has a similar mural in her dining room of Venice.
It is still there, and even though it's kinda ugly and out of date I remember thinking it was so cool when I was a kid. I think I would be sad if it were gone. Do your parents still live in the same house and if so is the mural gone?

Tammy said...

Ashley, I'm afraid we don't live in the house anymore, but I sure would like to know if that mural is still there. I've been by there and wanted to knock on the door, but this day and age people would think I was stalking them.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Those are awesome. I especially like the last one!

littletoesandcheerios said...

The first two pics are definatley scary!!
Last two are very cute, despite the lovely sofa in the back.

Starlene said...

WOW! That was REALLY funny. Thank goodness Halloween costumes these days don't (usually) have masks like that anymore. They really are kind of scary looking. I remember wearing masks for Halloween. I wonder where those photos are??? Maybe someday I'll manage to actually get a post up for Sincerely fro' me to you. I just might share my childhood Halloween pics but I'm not sure they'd be as unusual as yours was.

(I clicked over here from We are THAT family. Thanks for the laugh.)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Love the pics. From about 1975 to 1982, we lived in a house that had a huge mural on the living wall almost exactly like that one!

The Source said...

Scary 70's costumes!! Cute little girls, but scary costumes. :) I remember costumes being made of freaky, stiff plastic and I was always afraid I was going to smother inside my mask!

I love the decor. Very classy with the mural and artifacts. I wish we'd had white carpet instead of gold shag!

The third photo...really looks a lot like your daughter!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE it!

Happy Mommy said...

Lovely lamp! I guess if that is the size of pumpkins that the store sold to hold candy no wonder people started using pillow cases!

Heather said...

I'm not sure if the curtains or costumes are scarier in the first 2 pictures :)

Phone Photo Project by Kim said...

hahaha I remember those masks! I remember having a really cool smurf one! hahahahhaha Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are classic... LOL moments there... those first two costumes are hysterical.

Unknown said...

Those are hysterical! Thanks for sharing--and how fun for the old pics to have a Halloween theme. Makes me want to dig up a bunch of my old ones.

heidi said...

I remember those plastic masks! How funny!! LOL

Heather said...

Oh Tammy - I needed that laugh today :) Where in the world did y'all come up with those costumes?? What a tiny little pumpkin your mom gave you to get candy in! I know your kiddos get much bigger ones, right ;)

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, those costumes are crazy!

Jerralea said...

Sorry I'm late dropping by this week. I have to say those first two pics remind me of the costumes my brother and I had. We called those masks a "false face." (Seems like my brother was always Yogi Bear ...) I want to say too that I think that brick flooring in the one picture was just like the floor in our kitchen!

Good times.